Niryo also decided to outfit its Ned2 robot arm with a vision set for color object detection and recognition.
The Vision Set enables Ned to recognize items and choose which ones to engage with. It includes a camera and objects of various forms and colors that allow you to prototype advanced Industry 4.0 processes using visual inputs.
- Object detection based on shape and color
- Easily perform advanced functions such as visual picking thanks to the new blocks in Niryo Studio’s Blockly interface.
- An onboard camera on the wrist for a global field of view
- A modular workspace that can be used in the orientation and inclination of your choice.
- Adapted to the Ned2’s ecosystem.
Controlling the Version Set Ned2 :
This Version set can be controlled by Niryo Studio or TCP script
- Install the Vision module on the robot;
- Connect it to the robot through Ned2 back panel thanks to USB 3.0 ports;
- Choose your programming approach:
with Niryo Studio :
- Open the visual programming interface (Blockly).
- Perform a workspace calibration.
- Use the new blocks to perform advanced functions.
with TCP script:
- Use the TCP Client/Server environment of the robot.
- Write a script in the desired programming language.
- Use the new functions introduced by the Vision Set.
The contents of the Vision Set niryo NED2 pack:
- 1 x Camera
- 1x Calibration tip
- 2 x Screws to fix the camera on the support
- 1 x Workspace (sticker)
- 6 x Objects to handle (3 squares & 3 rounds)
- 1 x USB cable
- 2 x Tape scratches to attach the cable
|Lens Size||2.1 mm|
|Pixel Size||12.8×11.6 mm|
|Image Area||2000(H)x1121(V) approx. 2.24 M pixels|
|Max Resolution||1080p (1920×1080)|
|Resolution & Frame Rate Available||Compressed and Raw: 320×240@30fps / 352×288@30fps / 640×360@30fps / 640×480@30fps
Raw only: 800×600@ 15 fps
Compressed only：800×600@30fps / 1280×720@30fps / 1920×1080@30fps
|Compressed Formats||H264 & MJPEG|
|S/N Ratio||42 dB|
|Dynamic Range||86 dB|
|Sensitivity||5.0 V / lux-sec@550nm|
|Mini Illumination||0. 01 lux|
|Shutter Type||Electronic rolling shutter / Frame exposure|
|Adjustable Parameters||Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness, Gamma, Gain, White Balance, Backlight Contrast, Exposure|
|Working temperature||-20 °C ~ 85 °C|
|Operating system requirements||Windows 7 or above
Linux 2.6 or above
Android 4.0 or above
|Connecting Port Type||USB 2.0 High Speed – Plug & Play|
|USB Cable||1.0 Meter|